I like how God shows us things in His Word that produce results. I especially like the possibilities of living life in a continual feast mode.
We get a clue from the below verse as to how we can live life in a continual feast.
Proverbs 15:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil, but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast. (ESV)
Here are some thoughts about a continual feast:
- The above verse isn’t implying we won’t have challenges in our lives.
- What we learn from this scripture is “what” to do when challenges come along.
- Life presents financial, relationship, health challenges, and so on.
- Each challenge we face could rob us of our joy.When we choose to be joyful, it’s then that we enter the continual feast life.
- The challenge may not go away immediately, yet we continue to choose joy over pity.
In 1993, we arrived in Sicily and I arrived with a serious health challenge in a country that speaks a different language. In the middle of the night I began laughing and releasing God’s joy. My heart was cheerful.
God touched my body and immediately I was better. He also gave me something practical to do the next day that turned my situation for the good.
Living life with a cheerful heart makes for a continual feast.
Every blessing to each of you,